tirsdag 9. august 2011

Montefiascone - 10 min kjøring fra Villa Helena.


The town piazza is the place to see and be seen on a warm summer evening.




Montefiascone Cathedral is one of the earliest structures by Michele Sanmicheli. Dedicated to Saint Margaret (Santa Margherita), the cathedral was a ruin in 1330 and took three centuries to rebuild. Subsequently, in 1670, it suffered a serious fire, with repairs taking a further decade. The interior was elaborately restored in 1893.
 
Rocca dei Papi is the remains of the old Papal summer residence. At the top of the hill it provides a tremendous view of Lago Bolsena. Rocca dei Papi is the remains of the old Papal summer residence.

At the top of the hill it provides a tremendous view of Lago Bolsena.

1 kommentar:

Har du spørsmål til innlegget ? Skriv det gjerne her.